This Is Us

Blog Archive

Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Zebra Print Cupcakes

My little sister celebrated her Sweet 16 this week, so I was asked to do her cupcakes.

I jumped at the chance to do anything super-girly :)

Cue the animal print cupcakes!

I took my cupcakes (red velvet on bottom and pink lemonade on top) and buttercream icing and went to town.



I then set up several icing bags with the 1M Wilton tip (the cupcake tip as most call it).

Then I took a cheap paintbrush and my black gel food color (you must use the gel, if not the color will run)... 



...and painted stripes up the sides of the bag. 3-4 stripes work best.


**hint: set your decorator bag in a cup and roll the bag down a couple of times to get it to stand up steady and be easier to paint!

Then I just iced the cupcakes like normal, and ended up with:

please excuse my horrible photography skills!

Each icing bag you set up will color about 8 cupcakes before the color fades away, as you can see here:


I then added some black stars to the top of each one to add a little extra something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment