This Is Us

Blog Archive

Followers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Occupy Investment Movement



WE HAVE BEEN WAITING 8 HOURS TO SIGN ON AN APARTMENT.

THIS STINKS. HARDCORE.

IT'S COLD.

IT'S WINDY.

IT'S BORING.

I CAN'T FOCUS ON STUDYING.

And to cap it all off, the employees of said establishment seem to think its funny that we're out here 20 hours in advance.

Here's the reason why that had me stifling the urge to make a very unholy comment...

One of the rudest of the group stopped and asked, "are you sure waiting all this time is worth it?"

To which person #1 in line replied, "well how else do we plan on getting the places we want and need with the way you do things?!"

I could've hugged her. It was my thoughts exactly.

Because here's how they do it:

The list of all available rentals came out yesterday.

Then they are on a first come, first served basis starting Tuesday morning.

Which is why people start occupying the doorstep of Investment and TEN O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING the day before.

Because Investment is the only rental company in the Rolla area.

So we have to play their little games in order to get a decent place.

There's my little rant/tirade.

--A very cold, cranky, sore, and frustrated wife-to-be signing off.

Ps did I mention that in order to use the facilities we have to cross the highway to the gas station?! This is crazy.

Pps My fiancé is a saint for sleeping here tonight so I can sleep indoors. And for putting up cranky cold me!

No comments:

Post a Comment