This Is Us

Blog Archive

Followers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Remind Me...


This past week, our Team Chenzhou 2011 got some very sad news.

Our sweet baby butterfly Ysmael passed away.

He had a problem with his liver function that caused him to be very sick for all of his 18 month life.

He lived at the Butterfly house in Changsha from age 2 months up until he passed away this past week.

No, I didn't cry when I found out.

I did that as we met and held him last June in Changsha.

Nothing can describe the feeling of holding a child you know you'll never meet again this side of Heaven.

The feeling of knowing his days are short and his pain is great.

Yes, I am sad that Lyn and Alan and all of the people of the Butterfly house don't get to look into his beautiful eyes anymore, or snuggle his small frame,

...but as Chad reminded me, he's no longer in pain and suffering.


He knew the love of all the workers of the Butterfly house and his fellow butterflies,

And now he knows first hand the love of his Heavenly Father.

So, when I get sad over him being gone,

Remind me that he's now healthy and dancing with the angels,

Remind me that now he spends his days as a normal 18 month old boy, enjoying the love of his Heavenly Father.

And most of all, remind me that while we may want to be sad, we should be rejoicing in his return to Jesus' arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment