This Is Us

Blog Archive

Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Looney Bride Series, Being Still {Bonus Post}


About an hour ago, I dropped Chad off at Tan Tar A for his "Mega-Manly-Man-Fest" Bachelor party.

No, they aren't calling it that, but I am.

I helped him carry his stuff up to their room and as soon as I came in the door the testosterone was so thick that I had to get outta there.

Fast.

So I kissed him goodbye, and high tailed it out to the car!

As I was driving back to the house, I was trying to think about what else I needed to get done tonight.

And then it hit me.

I needed to do....*drumroll*

NOTHING!!!

NOTHING AT ALL!!

School is done, work is done, everything is set in motion for the chaos of the next few days, and now all I have to do is sit back, relax with my Diet Coke, and wait for my family to make their arrival so we can head to the hotel.

Sheesh.

This whole "relaxing and being still" thing is WEIRD!

But I'm trying to enjoy it!

And I am so thankful.

Thankful for all the thousands of miles being traveled,

Thankful for the time, effort, and energy everyone has put in.

I am so excited, so ready to enjoy the weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Amy - I am so sorry that I won't be there physically at your wedding, but I will sure be there in spirit! I wish you and Chad all the best! Love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete