This Is Us

Blog Archive

Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Looney Bride, Part 1

Okay, so we are 4 DAYS away from saying "I do!"

I am so excited.

Like, I just drank 10 lattes from Mokka hyper.

My brain isn't shutting down for sleep tonight, so I figured I'd post about my last day at work.

With posting this, I am probably opening myself up to tons of ridicule and jokes at my expense, but I think it's important to learn to laugh about myself.

I am looney. And I intend to let you all in on that in these few days coming up to the wedding.

Lucky you.

Thursday was my last day of nannying for "my kiddos".

I've been working for them for two years.

Ever since Luke was a smiley 3 month old.

And I've seen him grow into a funny, personality filled toddler.

And Allie...wow.

She's growing TOO fast.

In the time I was caring for them, she had grown from a shy, quiet 7 year old to a mature, intelligent, sweet, and funny friend of mine.

Who will also be our flower girl.

So, anyways, on my last day of work I was in DENIAL.

So bad.

And it was SAD.

So, what did I do while Luke was sleeping and Allie was in school?

This:

photo 1.JPG

If you couldn't tell, I was steaming carrots for Luke to eat.

Like I was worried his parents ans new daycare workers wouldn't feed them.

Which is ridiculous. They are fantastic parents, and now, friends of mine.

I think it was some REALLY twisted form of nesting.

REALLY really twisted.

photo 2.JPG

Little buddy has gotten so big. I remember when he was too small for the chair, and now he's almost grown out of it.

When Renee got home, we both started to get teary eyed.

And that continued through talking and making plans for me to see them this summer.

Which I am SO looking forward to!

And then it came time for one last goodbye hug from the kiddos.

Luke did his normal "bye bye 'Mimi'!"

He had no clue what was going on.

But Allie seemed as sad as Renee and I.

So I got into my car, drove away, and cried most of the way home.

I can't wait to see them this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment