This Is Us

Followers

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Being a Big Loser…Week 1-2

In an effort to log progress and keep myself on track, I am making an attempt to blog it out.

At work, we are having a biggest loser competition and given the fact that I look slightly different than, say, when I got married, I decided to join.

The company is also giving away gas gift cards and vacation days as an extra incentive to the top 3 “losers”.
If that’s not enough motivation to join, I don’t know what is!

Our 3rd weigh in is tomorrow, but it is only the second one since we logged our starting weight.

Last week I tied for 4th place out of about 3 dozen employees.

I was so thrilled to read that number off the scale.

I lost 3.7%! (we do percent of weight lost rather than pounds to make it more fair.)

I am nervous every time I get on the scale.

It’s actually only at official weigh in time, since we don’t have a scale at home, but I hope I am making more progress.

2 good things that happened this week in healthy world:
1.       A coworker commented that I looked like I had lost weight (score!)
2.       I got Chad to try eating quinoa instead of rice and he didn’t hate it!

As far as my master plan to win (or at least place in top 3) is this:
Calorie Counting
Wise Food Choices
Portion Control
More Water
More Workouts

Those last two are the worst for me. This girl likes her Diet Coke…and to be lazy.

Hopefully after another 10 weeks when this is said and done it has become more of a lifestyle than just for the competition!


How many days until April 2? I’m craving pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment