This Is Us

Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Colton is Here!!

You know when you have those days that your heart just feels so full it could burst?

Those days where you can't stop smiling?

The ones that you just take a step back and marvel at God's favor?

Today was one of those.

Lindsay went into the hospital around 5 last night, and I got a call at 7:15 this morning saying she was ready to push.

At 7:52am, Colton Mark came into the world and into our crazy family, weighing in at 6 pounds 10 ounces, and measuring 19.25 inches.



I got to work and told my bosses that the baby was coming any moment, and their response was , "So why are you here? You should have taken the day off!" (I love my bosses.)

I told them it was ok, since I was already coming off a 4 day weekend away from my little guys.

Finally, Lisa looked at me and said, "Ok, this is nonsense. I am calling a temp so you can be with your family."

So I was back at St. Anthony's before 10am.

What a perfect, precious, tiny thing he is!



Emm loved him and wanted to hold right away, and Landon took a few minutes to warm up.




Emm is VERY protective of Colton and helped the nurse give him his first bath.

He was rubbing his head and the nurse said to rub harder, and he responds, "NO! STOP IT! THAT WILL HURT BABY COLTON!"

What a sweet guy.

Ten perfect fingers and ten perfect toes...




...light brown and blonde hair...



...and the CUTEST pouty lip ever.



The boys spent the afternoon at my house, and then after Happy Meals for the kids and Tucker's take out for Chad and I, it was time to see him again!



This little guy is practically perfect in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment